Thursday, May 22, 2014

An alternative summer office..

When I think of summer typically three things come to mind: HOT, water, and camps.
This summer, as with most in my future through the duration of my current career, I have the pleasure of experiencing all three. 

Welcome to WBSR!

This is the camp at which I have the pleasure of serving as Camp director for 3 weeks. Hot, rustic (a polite word for it), and internet free! You (and I) might be thinking, 'You're crazy!' And you're probably right. But I'm still pumped and looking forward to making things work.

Today, I had the pleasure of getting the Twitter app for my iphone which I plan on using as my primary source of Web2.0 connection during my stay at camp. I weary as for the productivity that may or may not ensue due to the ease of social distraction cell phones provide. But only time can tell.

3 comments:

  1. This will be very cool. I look forward to hearing about your experiences trying to stay connected from out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny and interesting! Good thing we have easy access to tools that keep us connected.
    I'm about to go to the beach for a week and am ecstatic to learn there is complimentary Wi-Fi so I can stay somewhat connected to school. We'll see how that goes :)
    Have a great time at camp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I read your previous post about not getting entrenched in technology and obviously this stint at camp is right in that direction, but you are downloading the Twitter app for your iphone as a result lol. I hope you enjoy camp! And I absolutely agree about the inability to entertain ourselves and each other without electronic pacifiers...but it appears that is a losing battle...sigh!

    ReplyDelete