Sunday, June 1, 2014

After watching Vanessa's videos on Personal Learning Networks (PLN), I've discovered I'm somewhere in the middle of wanting a large PLN but needing a small PLN.

Truth be told, I have the FOMO. The Fear of Missing Out. I want to have a large PLN so I don't miss out on things that are relevant, but I live a hectic and consuming life where I don't have time for these things; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest. How do you find a means to balance them out?

One of Vanessa Dennen's PLN videos (for that odd stranger not in our EME class that has stumbled upon this blog):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_kFmxaZPK0#t=22

2 comments:

  1. I think a lot of folks have FOMO at some point or another. I think I did once, but had to get over it (or accept defeat continuously). "Start where you are" is my current social media mantra, since the flow of information keeps moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get FOMO, I get analysis paralysis! I look at the sheer volume of sources and materials and get overwhelmed thinking about engaging and managing it. I am trying to think about it as a buffet, and that I will make myself ill if I try to sample everything. In that sense I take what I need or want at the time and forget about it until the next time I head for the buffet line.

    ReplyDelete