Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Museums

Inspired by the blog on a visit to Kennedy Space Center on Share Ideas (http://shareidealukas.blogspot.com/) I remembered back in grade school when we took class field trips to museums to learn our country's history; to see the art, science and culture.
Well, I still visit museums because I'm a kid at heart and haven't discovered what I was made to do in life. I see space shuttles and wish I had remained in engineering school so I might be chosen for the next space exploration program. Great art museums inspire me to go home to draw what I would hope to be the next Mona Lisa. Or even, flying in an airplane makes me hope to get my pilot's license and travel the world. U-picking blackberries reminds me that I love gardening and should grow a U-pick farm. There are a world of opportunities with a finite amount of time. Web2.0 has allowed me to explore these interests into much further depth than I would have been able to before, and to do so casually. No need to sift through cards and cards of bibliographies and read an extensive book on a topic that I only wanted a chapter of. Convenient.

But this renders the feelings of what if I never want to grow up?

No comments:

Post a Comment