Sunday, June 22, 2014

Shipping Container Homes?

Colton, my boyfriend, and I have talked for a long while about making our own shipping container home. It's recycled material, cheap, and fun! It wasn't until my recent Pinterest searches that I realized how popular shipping container homes have become. We're not alone!!! My natural inclination has been to tend toward sources that have social bookmarks that indicate container homes. I've found a nitch within the greater "Alternative Housing" topic that I can focus in on more.
Image source.

4 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool. I also saw something recently where a guy bought an old airplane (one of the big ones) and had it shipped to a wooded plot of land where he's turned it into his home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V, the TLC channel (I believe or one of the home improvement channels) hosts a show of odd/alternative style homes! I hadn't heard of the airplane, but it wouldn't surprise me.

      Delete
  2. This is so interesting. When my husband and I moved a while back we purchased a large insulated ocean container to store our furniture in until we built a house. We cut a hole in it for an a/c unit to keep everything in good shape. Maybe we should fix it up to be a home away from home!
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
    P.S. I tried accessing your VoiceThread but it said access had to be granted. I was able to access all the others with the exception of yours and one other so you may want to check on the URL just in case

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always an option...and you have the wall ac unit to boot!

      And thanks! I'll check up on that.

      Delete