Sunday, June 29, 2014

Life as a Camp Director

Lately, I've been overwhelmed by the adjustment of the focus of my job. Fall tends to be recruitment, Winter/Spring is fundraising, and summer I pack up my bags to move to camp where I become a camp director for 6 weeks. It becomes a 24/7 job, waking up to make sure meals are getting started, making coffee to schmooze with adult volunteers to ease the crank of the heat, checking program areas, running events, calling back to the office to clarify issues, driving into town for one of the many "oh crud we forgot this!" trips, the list goes on!
In the midst of all of this, it has been difficult to remain technologically connected, (especially when only one building on the 600acre property has internet). To compensate for these challenges I've been Tweeting up a storm (in comparison to how often I used to). I have expanded beyond the hashtag for my Web2.0 class #EME6414, to begin a hashtag for the camp that I work at, Wallwood. #WBSR It's a young one, but it's out there!

1 comment: